Strength TogetHER 13 : Session 10


February 12, 2022

From every end comes a new beginning.


We came to our last session. We planned a simple ending, but due to some issues there was not enough participation at the end. We roughly had 10 participants where 3 of them shared their experience of being a member of a cohort. Our first speaker shared how it helped her to be vocal about her feelings. She also shared that she now was more confident than ever and wished to participate in Cohort like this again. Our second speaker shared the same thing. She added how she found a group of people that she can trust. She said she found a safe space where she can share her experience and thoughts here. Our next speaker said how she feels good for being a part of this journey. She found a place where she can share her feelings without being judged  and where she also got to know that she is not the only one. It gave her more strength and power.


As a Cohort coordinator, I feel very happy and privileged to get this opportunity. I always thought about being a part of something like this. I was a part of a cohort and from there I was very curious and interested to lead my own cohort one day. Then, I grabbed the opportunity. I had some of my friends who were interested in being a participant about the cohort and for others I had to explain to them about it. They were very interested. And then they became a part of it. All the sessions were fun. All the participants got a safe space to share their experiences and thoughts about topics which have sensitive views in the society of Nepal. I wish to work more with the team and kudos to Lokopakar for creating such a great platform for young girls! 


Thank you for having me❤️


Written by - Sambriddi Karki (Cohort Coordinator)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strength TogetHER 13 - Session 8

Strength TogetHER 13 - Session 6